Happy Friday! I know Friday evenings are notorious for getting a well deserved take away. But why not try and cook a better version of that burger and chips 😉
I took to the kitchen today in attempts to cook dinner for my dad and brother. I managed to whip up something that resembled a fake away! So I thought I’d share.
- So start off by peeling 4 potatoes & cut them into chunky strips. Place in boiling water and cook for 5-10 minutes until slightly cooked.
- Pre heat the oven at 210c
- Drain the water and place on a non stick tray. I mixed some mashed garlic, herbs and chili flakes with 3 tbls of Olive oil and sprinkled that over the fries. Totally optional, but make sure you spray with oil to get them nice and crispy. Place in oven for 45 minutes turning them every so often.
- For Garden Salad– chop up what ever veggies you like and toss them up with some Iceberg lettuce. I used 3 peppers( Red, Green, Orange) 2 tomatoes, onion, Iceberg Lettuce and spinach.
- I then placed some minced beef burgers under the grill for 12 minutes. I also added cheese to mine!
and there you have it a fake away that won’t have you feeling so guilty.
Till next time,