Back again with the baking posts. I swear thats all I am doing lately. A couple of the girls came over last night so I thought I would try and make healthy(ish) cookies for them. So I opted for Peanut butter & M&M cookies. I know they do not sound healthy at all! They did however go down a treat. I wanted to make peanut butter cookies for awhile but I couldn’t find a recipe that I liked. So I decided to make up my own from the few different versions I found. They turned out well so I though I would share.
Makes 10-12 cookies
What you will need:
- 245g of Ground almonds
- 100g of butter (or you could opt for 4tbsp of coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- 100g of sugar
- 3 tbsp of Peanut butter whichever you prefer, I went with Crunchy
- 100g of m&ms
- 1 tbsp of Baking soda
- Put the butter( coconut oil) and sugar into a mixing bowl and blend together on medium speed.
- Mix in the egg, ground almonds, baking soda and peanut butter at a high speed.
- Then mix in the m&ms at a low speed, you don’t want them to break apart.
- Make the dough into a ball, place in a bowl and put cling film over it. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, Pre heat the oven to 180c
- Place baking sheets over a tray.
- Make small balls out of the dough and flattened them between your hands, place on the tray a few centimeters apart.
- Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown around the outsides.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
There you have it, Peanut butter & m&m cookies!
Till next time,